HEALTHY SALMON CAKES
Write a review
- 1/2 pound wild salmon filet
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Season salmon with salt
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; when hot lightly spray with oil and add the salmon.
- Cook until browned on one side, about 4 to 5 minutes then turn and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until salmon easily flakes. Set aside on a dish to cool.
- Add the olive oil to the pan, then add the the onion, bell pepper, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Old Bay seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large saute pan over medium-low heat
- Cook until the vegetables are soft, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and eggs.
- Add the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, this will make them easier to shape
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Shape into ½ cup patties and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 to 14 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy over a bed of arugula or with your favorite steamed veggies!
Designer Protein http://designerprotein.com/