GRILLED FRUIT SKEWERS WITH HONEY-MINT GLAZE
Write a review
- 1 pineapple
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 peach
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Wooden shish kabob skewers
- Peel and core the pineapple and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 5 or 6 large pieces, sprinkle lightly with a small amount of lemon or lime juice, save the remaining juice for the dressing.
- Cut the peaches in halves, discarding pits, and cut into 2-inch chunks.
- Core the strawberries.
- Thread prepared fruit onto wooden skewers alternating various pieces of fruit on each kabob.
- Place the fruit pieces on the grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While the skewers are on the grill, prepare glaze by combining the honey, lime or lemon juice, and the chopped mint in a small bowl. Brush the fruit with the honey mixture during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking.
- Place the kabobs on a serving platter, drizzle with any remaining honey mixture.
Designer Protein http://designerprotein.com/