The Nutrition Powerhouse – Egg Protein
As we talk about nutrition this month, we thought it would be beneficial to talk about the protein source that has been considered by many to be the “gold standard” over the years – the egg. Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits we find in the egg white and in the egg yolk:
Egg White Benefits
- High in protein and complete with all the essential amino acids the body needs to function
- Helps support weight management when combined with a calorie-controlled diet and regular exercise
- High in riboflavin (vitamin B2) and good source of electrolyte and potassium that helps maintain a normal water balance between cells and body fluids as well as regulates the heartbeat.
Egg Yolk Benefits
- High in complete protein and provides essential nutrients not found in the egg white
- Phosphorus, such as choline and serine, support the maintenance of cellular function while supporting brain health
- Rich in important B-vitamins (B12 & riboflavin) that support energy metabolism by helping to convert protein, fats and carbs into energy
Did you know that eggs are high in choline, which is a vital nutrient that aids brain function? Choline helps maintain the structure of cell membranes as well as serves as the key ingredient in the creation of neurotransmitters, which allows the brain cells to communicate between each other and with muscle cells. Who knew?!
With all that said, there are many benefits to eggs – the whole egg. In April, we will be sharing exciting news about a
NEW PROTEIN PRODUCT that features the whole egg – with less calories, less fat AND less cholesterol.