Holistic Medicine Cabinet
Do you know how to keep your body healthy and prepared for this cold season? Tis the season of the common flu and colds, here are some staples you will want to have that actually get to the root of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms with Tylenol, NyQuil, and TheraFlu…
The more toxins we put in our body, the less energy our bodies have to fight off any bad guys we have coming our way. This means everything from environmental toxins, pesticides, dehydration, lack of sleep, alcohol, caffeine, sugar, dairy, and processed foods.
It is important to take a holistic (whole) approach to health. This will make your body stronger and more prepared to battle any illness you are faced with. Create a healthy regime that encompasses a balanced diet with the right amount of vitamins and minerals for essential wellbeing.
- Activated Charcoal This supplement offers relief from food poisoning, stomach bugs, gas, bloating and diarrhea. It reduces toxicity by adsorbing chemicals in the GI tract.
- Tramaul/ Arnica Used externally, it is wonderful for removing bruises, bringing down puffiness, swelling, and easing deep aches. Internally, it can be used to alleviate headaches and help your body recover from trauma.
- Melatonin Great for traveling and setting your circadian rhythm. Sleep is so important.
- Ginger I LOVE ginger chews, they are a treat for the tastebuds and make for a great trick in curbing naseua. They also soothe upset stomachs with remarkable speed.
- Probiotics Taking probiotics will help maintain a healthy balance of good bacteria, keep your immunity up and digestive system operating healthily.
- Tea Tree Oil Smelling tea tree oil should always be diluted in water, as a few drops goes a long way. It can be used to cleanse scratches and abrasions.
To check out Torie’s full list, check out her blog here.